"No swearing" n' "no using offensive words"

Discussion in 'Server improvement' started by Twerkae, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Twerkae

Twerkae Louis

so there are two rules in particular that i'd like to change. one being "no using offensive words" and the other being "no swearing". To some degree, i agree with these rules. If I were to call a Muslim a terrorist scum that'd be out of hand. However, simply saying 'fuck' or any other swear word shouldn't be breaking the rules. some peeps would be surprised that i'd be making the thread but i'm pretty sure my eyes have been opened. I remember I made some post about god not being real, and all the swear words i included were censored. some may argue that younger kids shouldn't be exposed to bad language but it honestly doesn't do any harm. yes, a child might begin to swear but it's a lot of society being judgemental that's the problem. I'm sure if i was a white kid and I said 'nigga' there'd be someone out there who'd be offended. I mean, fair enough, it was used with the slaves back in the day, but if I'm not calling anyone a nigga no one should take offense. as a mod, i've had to tell a lot of people not to swear, but to me and many others it honestly sounds pointless. if you could consider changing these rules, it'd be much appreciated ;)

(edit) pretty sure 'nigger' is the offensive one, sensitivity yo

yus, this picture is cringy af but i felt like including it

watch someone call me racist for not including another race in these pictures

@Extremedude9999 yw
  2. Extremedude9999

Extremedude9999 Prison (Spartan) -1st Prison Boss

The truth has been spoken
  3. Twerkae

Twerkae Louis

4. EdibleBananas

EdibleBananas SHADOWHUNTER743 / IllogicalSteve

do u want my cock for life cos im gonna marry u
  5. Twerkae

Twerkae Louis

i'll pass
  6. Newb

Newb *inhales*...

Of course everyone's gonna support this thread, don't we all just love to swear on a server with toxic people.
    secret likes this.
  7. Twerkae

Twerkae Louis

toxicity isn't based on rood words
    EdibleBananas likes this.
  8. lluigi

lluigi Dancer

I agree swearing to be offensive should be stoppedbut swearing in general isnt really that bad although as you say there are young kids on the server so maybe it should stay the same
  9. EdibleBananas

ok i still love u

Twerkae likes this.
  10. Twerkae

Twerkae Louis

wot are the young kids gonna do. say "oh for fuck's sake" ? as long as they don't insult someone in a way that's supposed to be rude, no punishments should be given

"fk this" - not out of order "go back to your country you fucking thieving nigger" - out of order.
  11. EdibleBananas

fuck fuck fuckfuck fuck fuck
  12. Twerkae

Twerkae Louis

oi I didn't say spamming should be changed
  13. EdibleBananas

oi i didnt say i cared about the rules
  14. _Tatters_13

_Tatters_13 I'm Blue, The Best Blue Ever!

No fuck off ;)
  15. Revelutionz

Revelutionz That one dutch guy

I kind off disagree with this,

If we completly allow players to say words like "fuck" the server will become toxic as hell,

I say allow it in the manner like " i fucked up"
    And fuck i died but not in other ways because its still a swear word and lil kids play this game too
  16. Basilbac

Basilbac Skyblock King

I'm not entirely sure about exactly what you are trying to say, but if you are saying that you believe that words such as 'fuck', 'ass'. etc should be allowed as long as they aren't to be used against someone I agree. Like 'fuck I screwed up' or 'he was an ass' I think should be allowed, but like 'fuck you' or 'fuck surge' or 'stick it up fucking surge's ass' shouldn't be allowed. But yeah, like Rev said, not using it to insult others.
  17. Twerkae

Twerkae Louis

Like I said, toxicity isn't based on words, rather behavior

Basically wot I said tbh, "no using offensive language" or "no swearing" should be justified

Did you read the whole thing?
  18. lluigi

lluigi Dancer

imn just keeping an open mind to both sides of the argument boi <3 twerk
    Twerkae likes this.
  19. _Tatters_13

_Tatters_13 I'm Blue, The Best Blue Ever!

What I say is fuck the police and have a debate on TeamSpeak
  20. Twerkae

Twerkae Louis

The popo will have ya, just wait my boy