Proof that Squadcraft is NOT dead.

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Finalninjadog, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Finalninjadog

Finalninjadog Ninjas don't wish upon stars, they throw them

First off, I'm sure that many people have had enough of their arguments being flawed. Yeah, well those of us who remain on the server and enjoy playing on it regardless of how many people are online could benefit if the odd random player didn't come on the server merely to pretend to be surprised that people still play Squadcraft and to claim that the server is dead. In the same way that whenever someone would go on a sub-server and tell everyone to “join (insert random sub-server name)” followed by me joining the specified server after them to tell everyone there to “join Skyblock”, it works both ways. After having put up with various people using the logic that the server must be dead on the basis that it used to have lots of people and now has barely any, it's not too difficult for me to understand that logic and that some people naturally exaggerate to such great lengths, however it should be just as easy to understand the obvious flaw in their argument that the server is still open, there are still people that play on the server, therefore there is still life on the server.

Secondly, it's likely that I'm going to end up repeating parts of what I’ve previously said. I'm not trying flaw people with the same counter-arguments over and over again, but I feel that some of my points are necessary to this discussion. For all those who don't know the posts I'm talking about:

Third, some people may say this is thread is just click bait for me to show off my project. Sure, in some ways I suppose it is, but the point of this thread is to showcase the capabilities of Squadcraft players and the server as a whole and, as the title suggests, to prove that the server can't be dead because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to complete my Skyblock island after spending over 2 and a half years working on it on-off.

Fourth, I've made this thread to try and promote healthy discussion. The forums has been fairly quiet recently, understandably. This is about trying to open up for better communication and understanding of all parties. I'm not one who forces my ideals or opinions on other people; I try not to wherever possible, and I don't allow other people to force their ideals or opinions on me. Despite this, people who come on the server just to claim that it's dead, to claim that everyone on the server is wasting their time/life on a 'dead' (flawed) server and to drive people away, I believe are merely wasting their time/life obsessing about other people, that they're in a much worse position than anyone who still plays on the server, and that they shouldn't even be on the server; especially if they're making the claim that the server is dead since their prescence is merely contradicting what they're saying. If anyone says I shouldn't be on Squadcraft, that I'm wasting my life on the server, remember this, it works both ways. As previously mentioned in the second of the above quotes, I'm still waiting for a valid argument that can either flaw my logic that the server isn't dead, or a counter argument that can't be flawed. Challenge accepted.

Fifth, if anyone claims that I, myself, have no life for spending large amounts of time working on my island, think again. I work 5 days a week, Karate; with my First Dan Black Belt, twice a week; with the occasional weapons training every few weeks, Gym at least twice a week; sometimes more depending on whether I can be bothered to go, and am starting to pick-up Japanese lessons. I’m not self-centered, but like I said in the above point, stop wasting your life obsessing about me and focus more on your own sorry excuse for a life. Alright? Good.

Sixth, yes, I’m well aware that it may seem that I’m the only person pro-actively flawing the ‘dead’ server argument, despite there being multiple people who also are in the same mindset. Do I care that I’m the only noticeable person thinking realistically in amongst a bunch of exaggerators? Nope. Does the fact that I’m the only person pro-actively proving that the server isn’t dead despite all the opposition mean I should stop? Nope, in fact, everyone who visits the server and forums is proving my point without even realising it, the cards are; and until the server dies they shall always be, in my favour. Until I’m presented with any suitable proof or logic that outweighs my own, I’m not changing my stance. Until the Squadcraft server and forums go offline for good, it isn't dead.

Finally, when I refer to my island, I'm talking about both my island and my alt's island (Finalsamurai's). They are neighbouring islands which are connected and accessible from one another and together form a colossal island.

So, now all that's out of the way. Allow me to show off my complete Skyblock island (see pictures attached). The picture included show the following:
    • Both islands with and without the water walls – the water walls are systems of waterways designed to create enough water to cover the entire outside of the island with walls/waterfalls that stem from a single water source, one per island.

• The four displays featured around the mainland (my main island) which are based on TV shows/movies/games/books which I’m interested in, these include:

• Avatar the Last Airbender and Legend of Korra - This display depicts the four elements in their original forms as well as their designs from M. Night Shyamalan’s movie, The Last Airbender. The Chinese symbols around the display are phrases/words/sentences from the opening sequence of Avatar the Last Airbender which say:
    • Naruto - The symbols here represent the five main hidden villages from the Five Great Shinobi Nations: The Hidden Leaf, Sand, Mist, Cloud and Stone Villages. The Japanese symbols next to them are the five main chakra natures: Wind, Water, Earth, Fire and Lightning. The Japanese character in the middle of this display says Shinobi and is the symbol for the Allied Shinobi Forces, which is present on their headbands.

• Assassin’s Creed – This display is the insignia of the Assassins Brotherhood and some of it’s variants from different eras, branches of the brotherhood and game titles:
      • The maze/puzzle looking box in the top centre is from the first Assassin's Creed game.
      • The skull is from Assassins Creed: Black Flag.
      • The 3 stars are from Assassins Creed 3, however each star is further split into different branches: The yellow star on the red background is from Assassins Creed Chronicles: China, the red star is from Assassins Creed Chronicles: Russia whilst the white star on the American flag background is from Assassins Creed 3.
      • The snake heads near the bottom are from Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India.
      • The red/white wing on the right is from Assassin's Creed: Unity.
      • The gray/dark gray wing on the left is from Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.
      • The brown part at the bottom is from the Assassin's Creed movie.
      • Either side of the insignia is the main part of the creed of the Assassin Brotherhood, ‘Nothing is true, everything is permitted’. (The full Creed can be found inside the quote room.
    • The Young Samurai - This display is inspired by my favourite book series which along with an additional series, The Bodyguard, were both written by the author Chris Bradford. Whilst I was already learning Karate at the time, this series really fuelled my interest in far eastern culture, particularly that of Japan and China. The main part of this display features the logo from the Young Samurai books which is presumably the main character, Jack Fletcher, in between the rising sun of Japan and dual swords, presumably representing the two heavens sword technique. Around the logo is the five rings of ninjutsu: Earth, Water, Fire, Wind and Sky.

• Other pictures include:
      • The main level of the island
      • The Ninja Castle
      • The Marketplace
      • The Small Scale Models – models of both of my islands, complete with their own working water walls
    A full list of the features on my island include (note: Some farms which are called auto farms may mean automated rather than fully automatic farms. Note: Some features may not be currently be working correctly, these may be reviewed and amended in the future):

I started working on this island back in July 2015, not knowing exactly what I was aiming to achieve with my island. Over time I decided that I should try and get my island to a sandbox-like state where I don't have to worry about running out of materials, so I set off to creating all the farms I needed first of all. It just so happens that the vast majority of the projects I ended up working on are farms. Once I had the necessary farms, then I was able to work on the aesthetics, such as all the grass/flowers/trees that have recently appeared around the place. Being able to fly when I became a Mod was a great help to accelerating the construction of my projects, some of the auto farms would be complete in a week, whilst the more simple and consecutive auto farms; even large scale farms, could be completed in a matter of days. That being said, any of my projects can be built without being able to fly, it just would have taken more time.

Some people may have read the above list and think that there are farms which I haven't built. For any missing farms or projects in general, I'd welcome any suggestions; either via this thread or via the suggestions area on my island. The only farms I can think of left to build is an ender pearl farm and a nether star farm. An ender pearl farm, I can't make a completely efficient one because the only space I have left that's big enough to kill endermen from fall damage is above the Ninja castle, but I'd rather not ruin the view. Regarding a nether star farm, I tried containing the Wither in an obsidian case within the server's main nether, however this didn't keep the Wither in place. Whilst the settings may well be different on my own island, my island settings have been pretty non-existent for some time and I'd rather not risk it on my own island.

Some of the features listed on the list above are currently out of action, this is mainly due to issues on the server as a result of mob spawn rates, mob/animal despawning, plugins which conflict with the way things work on the server and my island. Regardless, all my projects have been created to work within vanilla Minecraft, therefore anything that is currently broken did work previously but are now broken due to the setup of the server.

So, now that I’ve finally completed my island after all this time, the question I’m looking into is what I am going to do going forward. Well, looking short term I have a few non-Minecraft related games to binge on which should give me a healthy break from Minecraft. Once all the immediate games are out the way (ie those which I actually want to play and complete), which I imagine would last a couple months at most, I expect to return to playing Minecraft more regularly, I like that it’s an endless sandbox game where the extent of what you can do are only limited by your imagination. In terms of servers, I’m not too sure yet. Perhaps I’ll start a project on Creative or something; I’ve always got space on my nether islands to build something in Skyblock, I’m not too sure yet.

After spending so long playing on the same server; with the odd trip to play mini games elsewhere, along with my duties as a moderator and the current state of the server, I feel like I may well be picky if I end up finding another server to become a regular on. In the past, whenever someone’s tried to entice me to their server with the promise of giving me a higher staff position, promoting the features they plan on adding etc, I’ve just said that it depends on what the server had to offer to me; in terms on what I can do/play, since I’m coming on my terms and not because I get to be admin or because it’s gonna be a faction server etc. At the end of the day, it's about me choosing to play on the sever because I want to play on it and it has things I want to do on it.

Anyway, after putting in so much hard work, time and dedication into my island, it brings me great pride and honour to finally say that the island is complete. I may add extra things in and tweak existing features in future, but for now its time to relax and admire my epic creation. I can safely say that this is the longest running Minecraft project I have had to date and shall stand with my other projects in my personal hall of fame for epic Minecraft creations. Of course, if the server closes then I’d be sad to lose my hard work and I’ll try what I can to have access to my islands even after the true end of Squadcraft. But if worst comes to worst, my island shall still live on within pictures and memories.

So, back to my original point regarding the server. No matter how much people try to exaggerate about Squadcraft being dead, it isn’t dead. The day that you can no longer access this thread and this set of forums, and my island and the server in general, that shall be the true day that Squadcraft dies. Until then, it’s still alive.

I would like to give a special thanks to everyone who has contributed to the creation of my island over the years. You have all been a great help and it has been great working with you all. Now that my island is complete, if I return to being a regular on Skyblock after binging all my other games then I’ll have plenty of time to help other people with their own islands.

P.S. If you want to know whether I still play on the server, check out the top voters list on the voting sites, and yes it counts as me actually coming on the server. (Edit: The voting system is messed up right now)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. Minersof49ers

Minersof49ers Everything Digital

Squadcraft is dead

3. Finalninjadog

And you just proved it isn’t dead.

Great job flawing your own argument, less work for me.

4. WiiPro

WiiPro 【MOD】

lol the time you put into making this. it is dead. minecraft is dead. move on to overwatch or pubg or fortnite honestly.
    cant believe i gave surge like $2,000 on fucking ranks.

5. Finalninjadog

The time I took making this was minimal and fairly effortless, therefore I have no problem with it, and I’ve already flawed all the other arguments against me writing something this detailed so there’s no point trying to use them again.

Both server and forums remain online, meaning that Squadcraft isn’t dead. There is still no sufficient logic or reasoning to convince me otherwise. The fact you were in a position to post on this thread is proof that it’s not dead.

Minecraft is far from dead, and unless you have proper figures from somewhere like Mojang then the same logic that people like you have used for Squadcraft can’t be used for Minecraft and I shall continue to ignore your exaggerations and imagination. As mentioned in the original post, I have other games which I’m playing at the moment, and they’re none of those you’ve listed; which I might as well add have no similarity to Minecraft whatsoever. The closest you can compare Minecraft to is something like Terraria, aka 2D Minecraft, and even then the logic of “terraria has more stuff in it” is illogical since Minecraft has loads of mods available. I ain’t gonna play something just cause you want or tell me to, especially without any reasoning; but then again idc about those games.

6. WiiPro

WiiPro 【MOD】

shut the fuck up

ive been on squadcraft for years and ive seen the rapid decline since noahcraft left seeing you trying to bring it back is very funny because itll never happen again

7. Finalninjadog

Practice what you preach.

As already mentioned, you want me to stop, then stop yourself. It works both ways.

That’s great an all but unfortunately you ain’t some all seeing oracle who tells past, present and future. As I’ve also mentioned previously, improving the state of Squadcraft is a group effort, it ain’t down to any one individual, and your pessimistic attitude is useless and isn’t what’s needed to resolve things around here.

Seeing how you think you’re in a position to express your opinions but try to silence anyone you disagree with is what’s funny, at least I’m able to understand both sides of a situation and accept constructive criticism. It just so happens that I know how to spot the flaws in my opponent’s arguments so I don’t need to resort to trying to silence them on the rare chance that the odds are against me.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 12:16 AM