Siege's Mod Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by SiegeFamos, Feb 18, 2017.

?

Do you think SiegeFamos should become Mod?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. I Don't Know Him

25.0%
  1. SiegeFamos

SiegeFamos Fac God

What is your Minecraft name?
    SiegeFamos
    Why do you play Minecraft?
    I play the game because it is a way to have fun and get away from the other things in life. It gives me a sense as to be someone else than I have to be in the world.
    What is your time zone?
    CST (USA)
    What single sub-server do you spend the most time on?

I have been recently spending most of my time on Factions 2.
    When are you usually online?
    I'm usually online in the evenings, from 4-6, but the mornings and nights on weekends.
    How many hours a day can you play? How many hours do you actually play?
    I can play up to 6 hours a day but I try to keep it to around 2-4.
    How long have you been playing SquadCraft?
    I have been playing SquadCraft since 2013 with the original everything. Spawn, hub, owner, admins. It all.
    What's your favorite memory on SquadCraft?
    My favorite memory is either trying to "Loot Steal" and pick up the loot of the kills of people with good armor (way before I had any knowledge of minecraft or ranks o anything) or when yoyo tried to blow up spawn with a wither- didn't end up well but I got a laugh out of it.
    Where do you spend your time at SquadCraft?
    I spend most my time on factions 1 or 2 but do spend some time on prions and Kitpvp as well.
    Why do you want to be a moderator? What is your goal as a SquadCraft moderator?
    With surge beginning to push towards a better server, and is really looking for revamp, the server needs to be steady and have help. Maybe I'm not the absolute best qualification for moderator, but there needs to be someone who is checking in and monitoring way more than we have now. And I do understand that as the server grows, and it will grow again, the mods will become more active and so will many old players. It will be like a chain reaction. But for the time being, there are still problems on SquadCraft, still a solid crowd (although it may not seem like it), and still a fundamental base, and I believe that I can help maintain and manage it as it grows.
    As a moderator, how will you affect SquadCraft?
    I will be there to help people out. Check out the apparent hackers, check whats going wrong, and if surge goes on with the advertising, definitely help the new players that will be joining.
    Do you want Mod just to have Mod next to your name?
    No, I want to be Mod because I love this server, and I have loved this server for 4 years, and I refuse to see it come like this, and I want to be there to help the revamp.
    What happens if you are not chosen to be a moderator?
    I will continue playing SquadCraft as I do and continue to enjoy the server, and hope for the best with growth.
    What kind of skills do you have?
    I am a quick thinker, I am intelligent, I am more of a people-person, and I'm not extremely stuck-up.
    Have you ever been banned? If so, why?
    I have been banned to SquadCraft a few amount of times over the years, I don't remember the exact amount but 1 of them was for sure for using a hacked client but the other wasn't anything wrong just AAC banned me when I was stuck in a ghost block which I was recently unbanned for (on Fac 1).
    Have you ever cheated, used hacks? If so, why?
    Yes, when I was younger, I used hacks because I had no PvP skills and I wanted to be as good as everyone else it must have been 2-3 years ago but it still clearly counts.
    How do you treat younger players?
    The same as I would treat an older player. Starting out on this server at 12, and now I'm 16, I know what it was like, and I wouldn't have wanted to be treated with any less respect.
    Do you use TeamSpeak or skype?
    I use both- and Discord.
    List the things you've done to help the SquadCraft community and the SquadCraft server.
    Over the many years, I have helped point out many apparent issues to surge and most importantly, after all this time I stayed loyal and have stayed here for my "Minecraft Lifetime".
    How many applications have you submitted before? When was the last one?
    I don't know the exact date but it has been plenty over the three months or whatever the time waiting is, I actually think it has been close to a year and I've probably submitted 2 other Apps.
    Is there anything else you would like to say?

I really hope you enjoyed the application and would want me trying to help SquadCraft for the future.
    Do you have any experience as a staff member of any organization? (doesn't have to be Minecraft)
    I have been Admin on an older server with @Jerry2kewl (ElementalNetwork) and I don't think it's still up and BigTea had a server for a little that I was mod on, but other than that, no experience.
    Tell us about yourself, about you, your character, personality and values.
    I am outgoing, but know when to draw the line. I can easily interact with other people and am not a stuck up kind of guy. I try to stay relaxed but some things cannot be relaxed on. I am all about SquadCraft and always have been, and am just here to help the server.

Thanks for your time,

-Siege

@surgetheurge

2. surgetheurge

surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

idk, might just award mod to people that can get players online. lol.

The best person to give mod to is the person that doesn't really want mod.
    everyone whom wants mod wants it for the power, and the leverage over other people.
    That's why they sit there and spam "can i have mod" 20 times over.
    Might just be better to give it to people who are being useful, rather than give it to randoms.

ymybuddies likes this.
  3. Surge ILL get people alot of people on, and I will advertise your server ;) it really needs someone no one plays

4. MetaMonkeyz

MetaMonkeyz Ign is FuzzyMelons. Staff Member Mod

You took part in numerous things that were toxic to the server lmao

5. lmao get over it, I was only standing there. Look at the server its so dead it needs someone

6. MetaMonkeyz

You're not the one the server needs, you're toxic, lmao get over it. You've hassled me by making abuse reports for little to no damn reason.

7. Lmao says the person that hasn't been on squad for like 5 months.

Im not trying to be a bad person to you, Those reports were ages ago come on get over it

8. MetaMonkeyz

Actually, I've been on. Daily (but not rn because my account is locked). You haven't.

And they still stick to your reputation as trying to go for mod. You gotta be someone who isn't "toxic" if you wanna run for mod yknow.
    And you don't even have a mod app up, what is with your desperate signature?

9. lmao your the one that shut down my mod app you didn't even let anyone read it

10. MetaMonkeyz

Because it was a joke app. Would you rather have me delete it or deny you for 2-3 months?

11. Dancer

Dancer New Member

I still think I should be mod to be honest..

12. vsteelcityv

vsteelcityv Former Skyblock Staff

Uh, why is this under accepted apps?

13. MetaMonkeyz

14. MetaMonkeyz

I've muted him before for being toxic and cussing excessively, idk if this was a great choice to mod him.

15. vsteelcityv

vsteelcityv Former Skyblock Staff

Was he actually modded...?

16. lluigi

lluigi Dancer

who knows

17. lluigi

lluigi Dancer

But you came back today
    Inactive
    Made a mod app as soon as you came back
    Last time you returned you were regularly rude, immature and confrontational with people
    Seeing as you haven't been on for a long time till this week you clearly haven't been spending much time on here so can't be considered a regular player

But as I already stated you have been confrontational so you don't

Or you could give people mod you think can be trusted to do the job.
    Not necessarily if someone you give mod doesn't actually have any responsibility then they will be an awful mod who will likely abuse.
    It doesn't give you any leverage over anyone and the only power it has is the ability to punish people for breaking rules if they abuse they get reported for that and it can be dealt with.
    Surge you've just generalised some people do do that yes but that just makes it easier to filter out the people that we don't want being a staff member because they are showing themselves to not be up to stnadards.
    Which is the whole point of a mod app to find the people who want to help and are going to be ideal mods without making someone mod who wouldn't be a positive influence.

18. Did this guy actually get mod

you suddenly decide to look at a mod app and accept the most inactive person

Its funny that surge hasn't accepted yours yet

19. surgetheurge

surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

Why would you give mod to an irresponsible person? Why would you give them anything for that matter.
    The point was, the people who crave mod, are greedy for the mod status, they WANT it, selfishly. The point is to not give mod to these types of people. You completely missed the whole picture. While reading, it's important to constantly reason why someone is saying something, not just take every word literally and generate strawmans for no reason.

I've been abused by mods on squad first hand. If someone has the power to do something bad to you, and then cover it up, that is scary. You say mods don't have leverage over people, but normal players have leverage over other players. I think a player told another player that they can make the first player lose internet. The second player laughed, then lost internet. From there on the second player took everything as facts and took all the threats literally. They were threatening things that they couldn't even do, and the other player was scared of them and believed them because of the first incident. So yea, we had people cyber terrorizing children to do their bidding. I'm sure that commanding the kid to go steal moms credit card and buy ranks for the guy doing the terrorizing, is probably that has been done already. Kids are stupid gullible, they are used and manipulated easily. If another player can have such severe leverage, imagine what kind of damage a malicious mod can do. Actually I don't even know why I told you that story. What you said is completely retarded. People respect and are afraid of staff members, just from the potential of abuse. When there is ACTUAL abuse going on, now that's a completely different story where everyone is quacking in their boots. Just yesterday, jerry from ebay logged in, for literally 30 seconds, perma muted some kid, and logged off for the day. And you tell me mods don't have sway over players. Quit the dope. Lol.

Again you fail to read between the lines. The purpose of that statement was to demonstrate how badly people crave mod. Mod is a job, not a privilege.

a mod app is useful. All answers can be emulated. The best way is to probably interview each player individually.

Anyway I feel like my entire post just went strait over your head, and it's almost as if you came over for the single reason to invent strife and arguments. It's like you're only interested in saying the opposite of what I am saying. So If I was life, "save the babies", you would be like "kill all the babies". Doesn't matter what I say or do, you just want to shit talk it. I heard some good advice from server owners, they don't let people be toxic pessimistic shit heads that nonconstructively attack everything. I just want to let you know that kind of attitude is no longer welcome here. Don't get me wrong. I welcome all suggestions and constructive criticism. But people that fail to digest content before spouting irrelevant toxicity with no constructive suggestions will just get banned. Toxicity causes more toxicity. It's like cancer, it will keep spreading till everyone is hating everything for no reason. I don't want that in my community.

20. by individually do you mean by skype or something like that?