SkyBlock Plugin

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by Super_Destroyer, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Super_Destroyer

Super_Destroyer New Member

I think is around April 2016, Sky Block change a new plugin. I really like the old one because it got menu that you can click on. However the new one just so hard to use (I still like /is h instead of /is ). Also I like the old challenges, the old one is easy to see what you need. And the new one is so pointless (It even restart all the challenges I did, I would rather redo the old challenges again!)I hope SquadCraft can change it back!

2. Finalninjadog

Finalninjadog Ninjas don't wish upon stars, they throw them

The plugin changed like last Tuesday or so. Some of the new stuff introduced are pretty neat like the nether portals on our islands work now and we can build on a nether island, the minishop, customisable visitor settings etc. However Imo the old plugin was fine, all Surge needed to do was fixed the animal despawning and challenge glitch.

3. Basilbac

Basilbac Skyblock King

Yeah, personally, the old plugin was much better. I say return to that, and keep nether abolished except at spawn

4. Super_Destroyer

Super_Destroyer New Member

I think we can have a vote for all of the people who play skyblock!

5. Basilbac

Basilbac Skyblock King

I don't know if that will hold, but I guess it would be worth a try. @surgetheurge could you add a poll with the link in skyblock to vote for old plugin vs new?

6. surgetheurge

surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

What you have to understand is, there is very strong, logical and beneficial reasons behind changes. I do understand that you like something a specific way, but "surge, trash everything, throw everything away, and go out of your way to make things the way I want them" isn't right. Look the new plugin is excellent. The old skyblock funned like an 80s computer. This new plugin has a lot more features and potential for the future. This doesn't mean that the way skyblock is right now is permanent. I've only begun with skyblock improvements. IF there are features and things and mechanics that you liked from the last plugin, we need to add that to the new plugin. You could really help if you made clear and organized lists of suggested changes instead of stomping your feet@surgetheurge@surgetheurge@surgetheurge@surgetheurge@surgetheurge CHANGE IT BACK!@#!@#!@

7. MetaMonkeyz

MetaMonkeyz Ign is FuzzyMelons. Staff Member Mod

Kitpvp is dead because of those "logical" and "beneficial" reasons.

8. Basilbac

Basilbac Skyblock King

http://squadcraft.net/threads/make-skyblock-great-again-no-pun-intended.19429/#post-251197

I did. I tagged you in it. Like I always do. I did make a clear and organized list, and hope you will look at it and read through. Thanks. Also, if you are interested in touring some of the older, magnificent islands on skyblock, please contact me

9. surgetheurge

10. surgetheurge

lol i am currently searching the forums for such a thing, but obviously the more recent, rant based threads are showing up first.

11. surgetheurge

or did you mean this?

• Add wolves on the pets menu
    • Add Elytra to Skyblock
    • Fix the animal despawning glitch
    • Put old auction plugin back
    • Revert back to auction house along with the auction plugin, but actually enable all the necessary command so back to the old skyblock plugin. The old one was a lot more smooth and easygoing, and much more welcoming to a new player interested in joining. This new one offers a jumble of words and phrases, as well as unstandard commands that server to confuse a new player.
    Literally all of the things listed above have absolutely nothing to do with the skyblock plugin, or the conversion to askyblock from uskyblock.

12. Basilbac

Basilbac Skyblock King

13. lookcook

lookcook New Member

How about we make a GUI for the commands ?

Because people say that this one is harder to use because of too much commands.

14. Finalninjadog

Technically people don't have to use all the commands. Most of the basic commands are the same, if not similar, than the previous plugin. And players don't have to use or learn all the commands, only the one's they're comfortable with. It's like advanced commands in a creative plot plugin or a factions faction plugin. However a GUI or tutorial or something would provide players with an idea of what the commands do, what they need to type to do it, how they can use it etc.

15. surgetheurge

16. Basilbac

Basilbac Skyblock King

17. surgetheurge

18. surgetheurge

okay, did uskyblock have /is info? or is that a suggestion?

19. Finalninjadog

I'm assuming by uskyblock you're referring to the original skyblock plugin? If so then yes. The previous plugin had an /is info command which displayed additional info about the island being referenced, including the makeup of the island (all the different types of blocks it was made out of) and what seemed to be some kind of calculation or percentage of how much of each block there are (or something like that).

It's not an essential command and wouldn't have a very big impact on Skyblock, but it's a nice additional command for anyone that's interested in seeing the makeup of their own or other people's islands.