This server is so dead!

Discussion in 'General chat' started by ymybuddies, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ymybuddies

ymybuddies "New" member

I JUST NOTICED THAT THIS HAPPENED

2. Finalninjadog

Finalninjadog Ninjas don't wish upon stars, they throw them

... you noticed that 'This server is so dead!" just happened, or you just noticed that you made a thread called "This server is so dead!"?

Anyway, regardless of what you, or anyone says, I'm not changing my view on the server, especially since all who tried have failed to give me any proper reasoning or proof that hasnt already been flawed.

The points I've already raised and explanation I've already given still apply, including those in my signature.

Oh, and:

3. rodxp2

rodxp2 New Member

The only thing you can do on the server is skyblock and creative. the rest of the sub servers require more then 1 player online to play.

4. Finalninjadog

The parkour courses are still playable, same goes for all the factions server since there’s nothing stopping you from playing the Pve elements of it. I don’t know much about prison but I’m pretty sure even that is still playable.

Even though they’re not on the GUI the servers are still available using the /server command.

5. sexyrussian

sexyrussian Administrator Admin Developer

well actually i think creative is down. but ill look into that.

6. Finalninjadog

The only servers down are creative, hcf and overcraft. Though not sure if overcraft is cause of needing to be in 1.9+ or not.

7. surgetheurge

surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

hey I had a question about mob stacking.
    I was doing a lot of thinking balancing mob spawners, and well, only passive creatures can truly be afked. That makes spawners a lot less easier to balance.. However if mob stacking is a thing, well now you can farm all spawners, the mobs will stack up and then you just have to kill them. Hmm, so we can make it so they die one at a time, and we can prevent them from picking up items to stop dupes. However I don't know if afking hostile creatures is a good idea as their drops are supposed to be more valuable. Or maybe we should make all spawners afkable but balance them... So what do you think about mob stacking?

8. Finalninjadog

^ Well, I think that's more than enough proof that Surge still cares about the server, and that it's not dead.

Anyway, mob stacking, jeez haven't had to think about that for ages.

What exactly do you mean by only passive creatures can truly be afked? How can only passive creatures be 'truly' afk farmed? I've been afk farming mobs whilst I work on my island for ages, mobs spawn, they die, their loot gets collected, easy.

Honestly, I'd say just allow mob stacking for all mobs. I was under the impression that it was introduced as a way to tackle despawning as a whole, and it did a far better job of doing that compared to mob taming.

Regarding whether they should be killed one at a time, I don't think it really matters. I mean, it's a bit more challenging if you have to kill a stack of 5 zombies 5 times over, but I don't think it's a big deal whether you can kill all 5 at once or not.

The only issue I knew of with mob stacking was the item duping due to mobs picking up items, which I said ages ago can be solved by just preventing them from picking up/wearing stuff. If that's possible and mob taming is replaced with stacking, then in theory it solves all current and previous mob related issues that I can remember off the top of my head.

Afk farming mobs, again, I really don't think it matters, imo wither skulls (and perhaps epearls) are the real challenge(s) to gather, so might as well just let people afk farm.

9. JoaquineN

JoaquineN Fuh Fuh Fuh Fastened

What's left of this server is pathetic. Call it alive as much as you'd like, but if all that's truly left on the forum page of a server is few OGs and a moderator in denial then the server is back to nothing. You might as well just fucking whitelist the damn server for "maintenance" so it at least looks like you're doing something. Just my two cents.

10. MetaMonkeyz

MetaMonkeyz Ign is FuzzyMelons. Staff Member Mod

Uh oh, you’ll awaken the animal from its cage D:

AniJan likes this.
  11. Finalninjadog

Ah, gotta love it when people don’t see something for what it’s worth and just resort to exaggerating to try appealing to the masses.

Firstly, you missed off the second moderator; both of whom are regularly on the forums, and the server owner who is only a couple of posts above you, here let me point it out:

As you can see, he’s working on the server, so there’s no need for you to whine that nothing is actually happening.

Secondly seeing as you like making snide remarks without naming people, I’m going to assume you’re referring to me. Well, turns out you’re wrong again. I ain’t in denial, I’m thinking realistically, something which you, and all the pessimistic trolls that came before you, obviously don’t know how to do.

It’s people like you that make communities toxic, all you can be bothered to do or muster any energy for is to complain about stuff that you could help fix. But no, you'd rather just complain. What a sad and pathetic excuse to come on the forums for.

Now, if you don’t mind, I have better things to do than put up with nuisances.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  12. surgetheurge

surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

So mob stacking was added just to better manager mobs. It does prevent mobs from despawning, but that's a side effect. Mob taming was on the side minigame that was supposed to add something to do. Collect strong creates that you can eventually maybe even use in pvp. ofc mob taming isn't suited to skyblock as the skyblock is tiny and there isn't much for you to do.

So on factions, if a pig dies from fire, it will drop cooked meat. If it gets killed by a player, it will drop meat and exp. If a creeper is killed by a player, it will drop gun powder and exp. If a creeper is killed by fire, it will drop nothing. hostile mobs, if not last hit by the player, drop nothing. So when you get a zombie spawner, and you grind them with suffocation damage, they all die leaving nothing. You can afk all night and gether up a bunch of .5 hp zombie, and last hit them all, but if you wait too long, like I did one time, there will be so many zombies they will crash your client. When you log back in they will all despawn. Not that you will be able to walk around with that many zombies there. However mob stacking enables infinite number of zombies. Afk for 3 days if you want, then one shot the one zombie with looting 3, get 3000 kills, and 100 dubs of zombie loot. It's kinda game breaking and promotes afking for money

13. MetaMonkeyz

I hope y’all know about the spam bots on this server lol. I’ve been deleting them the best I can for months now, ya gotta make them go away pls

14. Finalninjadog

I'm pretty sure pvp's never worked properly on Skyblock anyway, so all the tamed mobs can do is protect you from other mobs. Mob taming was just useless and unreliable on Skyblock anyway, it takes ages to tame, if you go away whilst it tames then it despawns, not to mention that you could spawn infinite animals from one spawn egg for some reason.

So it seems that passive mobs are more reliable in the sense that they'll drop loot whichever way you kill them, whilst hostile mobs are a bit more picky. But hostile mobs can die from more natural ways, like with skeletons shooting creepers for music discs, cacti or from fall damage; that's why the most common mob farms involve dropping mobs from large heights. All my mob farms work fine automatically by killing them from fall damage so I can just work on something else whilst collecting loot.

Gotta love all that tasty spam. I could have helped to delete those threads if I was ever actually given any forum perms. But yeah, they gotta go.

15. JoaquineN

Dude I straight up offered to give Surge money for advertisements several times. Tell me I ruin communities one more time please. It’s not pessimism, the server has at most 10 people that play it semi-actively, it’s just facing facts. There’s things and actions the server should be taking but just isn’t. If you think SquadCraft is going into the right direction you are INSANE.

You act as if I “called” you to respond to my post. You are no savior for SquadCraft. People are going to have their issues with things, and it is your choice to put your time and energy into glorifying it. You spend all your time on this forums either sucking Surge off or responding to hate comments. Now that’s a sad and pathetic use to come on the forums for.

16. Finalninjadog

You’re begging me to tell you the truth? Okay, your toxic attitude is counterproductive for improving the state of the server. Easy enough.

It is pessimism, if you think otherwise then you should check out the definition of pessimism. You think you’re facing the facts? Nice lie, if you were looking at the situation realistically, then maybe you could ‘face the facts’ a bit better. Squadcraft has been in decline for sometime and for various reasons, yes, but just because it’s on the road to ruin doesn’t mean it can’t be put back on the road to recovery. That’s what pessimists like you can’t seem to comprehend. Open your eyes and look at the bigger picture. Yes, there are things and actions the server should be taking, some of which is down to more than just Surge.

No, I don’t think the servers going in the right direction, that toxic players and pessimists like you are trying to drive it towards. If you actually had a look at some of the stuff I’ve posted on the forums instead of complaining, then you’ll see that I’ve said multiple times about the state of the server and what can be done to try and improve things.

You think I ‘called’ you to respond to me? I’m pretty sure I said I have far better things to do than put up with you. Talk about double standards. And no, you didn’t call me, and I’m not acting like you did. You made an obvious comment about me and I responded to it out of my own choice. You don’t ‘call’ me.

And no I’m not a saviour, nor am I trying to be. But I’m being realistic here, and with all the pessimists who decide they want to exaggerate that the server is dead cause of their overactive imaginations when it obviously isn’t the case, thinking realistically is what is needed here.

Yes, it is my choice as to whether I want to spend a small insignificant fraction of my time proving people like you wrong; and other than taking the time to flaw your argument I don’t give a dam about what you think.

If that’s apparently what I do on the forums, then it’s more than you seeing as all you do on the forums is complain and try it cover it up by resorting to the ‘its my opinion’ excuse. Well I got news for you, if you’re entitled to give your opinion, then so am I.

Obviously you don’t know what I spend my time on when I visit the forums. As a mod I work with Surge to try and get him to fix stuff on the server, otherwise there’ll be more pessimists like you complaining. And no, I don’t suck him off like you seem to fantasise about. I’m regularly on the forums to check out what’s going on, if there’s something I’m interested in then I’ll contribute, if not then I’ll just read and move on. Responding to hate comments, such as your’s, is easy since said comments can be flawed so easily. If you think that me, and everyone else, using the forums in the way it should be used is sad and pathetic, then jeez what a hypocrite you are for coming on just to whine and complain.

Now, let me say it again. I’m not ‘calling’ you to respond to me, nor am I responding to some so called ‘calling’ from you. Other than flawing your response, I don’t give a dam about you or what you have to say. If you respond to me then so be it, then you can expect to be flawed again, but for now I got better things to do than put up with nuicanses and pessimists like you.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  17. MetaMonkeyz

Lol constantly responding to hate makes the community worse because there’s more drama continued. Anyone should understand that. There’s no reason to reply like that.

Responding to hate and being so “aggressive” is the counterproductive thing, especially when it’s all you ever do, as seen in the shoutbox. I can see the other side too where those people who “cause” things do it all the time, but they dont, that’s the problem. What you did with the warior situation should not have gone so immense in wording and dramatics. I really hope you don’t think responding to that hate is actually productive, because all you’re doing is adding fuel to the fire and creating more division, which isn’t what this server needs.

Instead of being this prideful wordy person, you should try to actually put a stop to a situation instead of responding to someone’s disliking of things. (I.E, if you see people and or persons arguing or trying to cause shit you tell them to stop and actually seperate).

I have not read everything you have said before you go and think that I’m not even on the right track, simply cause the replying to the “hate” isn’t what this server needs as i said.

And honestly, you’re the pessimistic one here since all you ever do is spout continuous negativity that you think is “saving the server” or “putting it in the right direction”, or “realistic thinking”

Also, yes I did just do what I’m telling you not to do, but this is only to establish what the hell you’re doing in the first place and why you shouldn’t exactly be doing it.

AniJan and JoaquineN like this.
  18. JoaquineN

“I have better things to do than respond to you”
    You then proceed to write 5 paragraphs afterwards. You do not have better things to do, and once again you’re glorifying opinions. Have fun man, you’re contribution amounts to 0.

AniJan and MetaMonkeyz like this.
  19. Finalninjadog

The correct quoting is “I have better things to do than put up with nuicanses”. I did back then and I still do now.

As I said, responding to you took a mere insignificant fraction of my time, it was easy and required very little effort. So after this, I shall continue doing far better things.

Glorifying opinions? Oh please. All I said everyone else has just as much of a right to put forward their oponions as you. If you can’t see that then that’s just your ignorance.

Like I previously said, other than the response, I don’t care what you or anyone else thinks. It’s what I want to write and at the end of the day, I don’t care who reads it or how much they read. Therefore my contribution means something to me, unlike yours which just got flawed, again.

Now it is during this interval between my response and yours where I proceed to do better things.

The amusing part is that you approve of what fuzzy said and yet still feel the need to respond.

Responding to 'hate' isn't all I ever do on here, nor is 'spouting continuous negativity', as seen elsewhere on the forums, including this very thread. All I've been doing is responding to personal jabs made at me, putting forward my opinion on the state of the server and ways it could be improved and trying to show people that the server isn't 'dead' and that there is another way rather than just closing it down.

Seeing as you want an end to this 'drama' with your lecture targeted at me and no one else, despite there being two sides to every coin, then so be it. Saves me from putting up with more trolls and drama.

20. roderickkidsftw

roderickkidsftw Kitpvp Staff

Do you get bullied?

JoaquineN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.