To all people making a moderator request EDIT: PLZ READ

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Yum44, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yum44

Yum44 Zlol13's brother

It seems to me that a few people have been disappointed with the reason they haven't been considered as mods, and I'm going to try and clear things up for those people. Many of the moderator applicants have developed common misconceptions so the purpose of this thread is going to be to try and clear some of that up, and to help you writing your mod applications for the future.

A few people have been complaining about the lack of mod applications being accepted. Truth be told, and as blunt as it is, we don't deny mod applications for the hell of it, it's because we literally don't see them as good enough. That's not to say only special people will be accepted, just that almost all applications denied are because they aren't up to a good enough standard. Don't be disheartened if your application is denied, as George/Dibleyy's forum post says. Just wait 2 months and make a better one.

I've had a few complaints from people about denied applications due to their self ranked levels. Firstly, chances are if you have been denied, it's because we do not trust your judgement likely because we have seen and/or talked to you ingame and we know that your respect/obedience is not what you say it is. Again, like Dibleyy said in his forum post, do not lie because we will find out. This also includes things such as age, and I did find a person who had lied about their age but I won't name them.

EDIT 1: A lot of people do complain to me about their moderator apps getting denied. They tell me "But there wasn't anything wrong with my application" and sometimes they are right. The problem is, to be accepted not only should your application have nothing wrong with it, but there should be something in the thread which would make us think of you in a better way and/or more positively. You have to stand out. After all if we accepted everyone who's application had nothing wrong with it, there would be hundreds of mods.

EDIT 2: Another good point raised by Dibleyy (thank you for letting me post this here) is the balance of everything about your venture to becoming a moderator. What this means is that you must be well rounded in every way. A lot of applications on here have created a great outline, but are not well behaved in the game. At the same time, some people are great polite players, but their application does not display that. Please try your utmost hardest to avoid this, as it will benefit you greatly. Don't lie about your behavior at the same time. Be truthful and we will appreciate it.

Edit 3: another thing people tend to focus on in applications is what they will do. What people do fairly often is state their procedures about how they would warn 3 times or whatever before a ban. This is coming from the perspective of most, if not all the mods: we really couldn't care less about that. A moderator has it in his/her power to use their own judgment to prosecute a rulebreaker, so we really don't need to read that. Instead what is preferred and appreciated is information about yourself and what you can offer, instead of the usual "I will ban hackers if I see one".

But anyway thanks for taking the time to read this if you did, hope it helps but if you haven't read Dibleyy's post PLEASE READ IT, IT'S A MUST:

http://squadcraft.net/threads/tips-rules-and-faq-on-making-a-moderator-request.417/

Best of luck with your applications, and please follow these guidelines in future.

Verification: This is accurate as of May 2015

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
  2. Dibleyy

Dibleyy The Skywars Vicar

Good explanation, clears a few things up that wouldn't have fitted in the Tips, rules and FAQ thread.

3. Yum44

Yum44 Zlol13's brother

Thanks :) I tried to put the most important things in bold for those lazy people :3

4. Mazari

Mazari .

Well said Yum ;)

5. Yum44

Yum44 Zlol13's brother

Haha thanks :)

Mazari likes this.
  6. Electric_Ice777

Electric_Ice777 New Member

I read the accpeted ones thuroughly and mine is about the same or even better, my app, even other mods gave support, but still a no? i smell Bullshit.

7. Slayer77

Slayer77 I am Ficklinrules

Electric_Ice777, I would suggest not talking the way you just did if you want it still. Mods are respectful to all people, I'm not offended by bad language but a lot of people are.

8. Electric_Ice777

Yea, due to lots of players being either 7-12 i get it, its just how all the good feedback by mods was, and still declined, prob bcuz for mcmmo, but any server would do, to help on. Even ButtPiracy came on mcmmo, players were complaining about the mods, so ButtPiracy said he didnt like many of the mods of there because he tried to quiz a certain mod, he told me, and that mod, went AFK on purporse to avoid seeing his skills as a mod.

9. Slayer77

Yeah, I haven't seen your app but I'll go check it out.

10. Electric_Ice777

DrPigu, ButPiracy and 1 other mod gave advice so i thought i had a better chance than others

11. Slayer77

Yeah, I just checked it out, not bad.

12. tarikpwns

tarikpwns New Member

Haha good explination yum and eletric_ice you were declined because u have alot of past offences and just because u have 3mods saying your mod app is good doesnt secure u mod trust me ik

13. Electric_Ice777

Past offense because of all the bad mods on mcmmo doing their job poorly. Only good ones are Achoo and ChaCha, and maybe beep.

14. tarikpwns

tarikpwns New Member

I strongly disagree with your statement jello is on daily for many hours and he does his job to the best he can

15. Yum44

Yum44 Zlol13's brother

The "bullshit" reason is because we weren't and aren't accepting MCMMO apps. Sorry they didn't tell you this, but I believe it's now on the rules.
    Also your mod app was quite rude and so are you generally on this forum thread. So I'd personally hate having you as a staff member.

CalebH13 likes this.
  16. CalebH13

CalebH13 The Buildman

And that's your opinion the mods may not have thought so.

17. CalebH13

CalebH13 The Buildman

Also things like this is why Yum got mod really well said!

18. Yum44

Yum44 Zlol13's brother

Thanks guys ^_^

19. Bear445

Bear445 Youtuber

Nice tips yum44. You have made everything clearer.

20. Yum44

Yum44 Zlol13's brother

Thanks a lot guys :)

Mazari likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.