Updates coming soon

Discussion in 'News' started by surgetheurge, Jan 12, 2019.

1. surgetheurge

surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

Hello. Basically three years ago Noah and I separated. Also I worked on crewniverse.com for three months and it was a squad clone even with our skywars maps. I was promised 30% of the income, then when i finished the job, the server organizer Dylan said that, oh no, i was promised 30% of his 30% and that ended up being like 7%. So I was told I would get paid $5k, Then a month later dylan offered me $5k in minecraft gift codes, then I was offered nothing at all. I did get 1200 during the development but that went largely into covering bills of the development. The server made $76k in the opening. Also I was surprised the way the crew was splitting the money initially. There were eight of them, but only four were getting paid, and all four were getting paid equal parts, even though three of them had 1 mil subs and one had 4 mil subs. So basically Noah and I parted, and then I got scammed out of three months of my life, which should have yielded me at least 100-300k. Back then I didn't know what psychopaths were or that you should have legal contracts for every deal. I guess i feel better because the crew server shutdown. I guess I feel better because all of the crew's youtube accounts are basically dead. 20k views on an upload for a 1 mil subs channel isn't exactly thriving with life. And I guess feel better because dylan blew all his earnings into pilot training, which is a hobby for rich people, because the training is so expansive, like 450 or 750 or something dollars per hour for like 400 hours, that only rich children do it to then get into a moderately paying job. He could have invested into a business, or something else, or made something but he just wasted it. So yeah I'm kinda glad all the money that was scammed of me ended up being wasted. For Noah, I'm not glad things went badly for him. I think he got depressed too and his youtube channel died as well. I'm not a bad person, I don't usually wish people harm or misfortune, even my enemies. Even though I said bad things happened to the people who crossed me, I never wished it on them. So I am sad that noah's youtube channel died. People messaged me for years to talk to noah and get him back to revive the server but there are a few problems with that. a) his channel is kinda dead so... yeah. b) It wasn't noah who kept the server alive. It was you guys. Back in the day we had 300 players on hunger games with almost no advertising. Word of mouth made the server what it is. c) he is the one that stopped talking to me, he deleted me. So yeah, I don't wish noah any misfortune, and I'm sad his youtube channel died, and also he purchased a car with his earnings.... so that was pretty retarded. lol. Anyway updates coming soon. I see so many bad servers, highly popular servers out there that it's a crime that a better server won't take their place.

2. lluigi

lluigi Dancer

So does this mean you're going to be taking a more active role soon?
    Also are you going to work with us and towards our needs and wants for the server?
    I'm really glad that you are interested in trying to revive the server so I do hope that this time you can make a much more sustainable system that we can all enjoy.

Finalninjadog likes this.
  3. MetaMonkeyz

MetaMonkeyz Ign is SnowBagel. Staff Member Mod

Both of those are what’s presumed to be happening soon or whatever. I think @BunnySlayah69 is working with him I’m pretty sure too so you can get some more insight if you’d like, but I think advertising is the main problem tho ofc, not sure if surge has worked on it yet.

4. MetaMonkeyz

Relax dude I doubt he’d ban you for something like that lol

5. surgetheurge

surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

Sorry buddy. I keep getting inspired to do things. But there is just too much on my plate. I'm a pizzahut driver now lol. I work wed and fri 5pm to 11pm. And I work thurs, sat, sunday 1 pm to 11 pm. Monday and Tuesday I usually spend trying to fk some japanese girls. I'm saving up a lot of money, and in 2 months I will be able to quit pizzahut and i'll be driving uber. Then I can work 3 days and have 4 days off. After that I should be able to buy auction cars, restore them, and rent them out for weeks at a time on car rental apps. I'd borrow money from parents but my dad is super ignorant and hateful.

I've also been learning a lot of java. Maybe I'll be able to be a programmer for minecraft plugins. I'm kind of sad to see minecraft die in general. I'm scared and worried that by the time I'm able to commit to squadcraft again minecraft might be already dead.

Anyway I haven't really banned people for years. I only ban ddosers. Which is a felony.

MetaMonkeyz likes this.
  6. MetaMonkeyz

I love how open you are about tryna fuck Japanese women LMAO, I hope it all works out though, the job and shit.

I really don’t blame you for being afraid to commit a server to something that could die at any second or is dying rn, but if you do commit and all that, I got your back man. I hope MC will make some type of rise again, i don’t exaclty know how dead it is atm

7. Finalninjadog

Finalninjadog Ninjas don't wish upon stars, they throw them

Meh, the thought of Minecraft being dead sounds crazier to me than when people started saying the server was dead. But whatever, people can keep on thinking and believing what they want and hopefully respect other's opinions as oppose to trying to silence each other.

Minecraft to me always seemed like a game of infinite possibilities. Like a lot of other sandbox games, whatever fandom and gamemode one can imagine most likely exists in multiple iterations and forms somewhere on Minecraft. I don't care enough about the study of player count and activity levels over time to really know how many people still play Minecraft, but I'm sure there's still a significant amount (both new and old players) as there have been over the past 10 years. As such there's still plenty of potential people who could join the server should the right amount of work and effort be put into advertising etc.

I highly doubt that Minecraft will be die out for good anytime soon so there's still plenty of opportunity to try and revive the server. The thing is, even if Minecraft fades away from the "mass markets" so to speak, there's still the possibility that it continues being played by small communities that us as a majority aren't even aware of. That's the way that I try and look at things at least when I've said that the server; or something on a similar scale to Minecraft, can't be completely dead.

Here's a cheesy, but good example. Remember Club Penguin? (Pepperidge Farm remembers!). The original/official version of the game may have closed down for good back in early 2017, but the legacy of the game (if you can even call it that) still lives on. Club Penguin Island (the mobile variation) spawned after the original game got shut down, which may now be limited to a single player experience as of late 2018; but even if that's the case the game and franchise still exists to this day. Not to mention all the DS/Wii variations of CP which are probably still out there somewhere and therefore available to play. A quick search of "Club Penguin" even brings up a couple reboots, Club Penguin Rewritten and Club Penguin Online. Therefore whilst the original game is gone (dead as you might say), the legacy still lives on and it's still playable in some shape or form, it just takes a bit of digging around.

In a couple, more real worldly, examples: You can crush a rebellion and revolution, but that doesn't mean you've stopped all the soldiers and revolutionaries. Societies in general may be more racially and sexually inclusive, but that doesn't guaruntee that there's never any racism, sexual harrasment, homophobia etc. Defeat the Nazis back in World War 2 and yet Neo Nazis pop up in their place. Memories, experiences, ideologies and beliefs live on and some even transcend lifetimes.

So all in all, that's why I believe; and always have believed, that Squadcraft can't be well and truly dead, not in the past or near future at least. Also, if all this talk about reviving the server is series, then I'm all for it, so long as I am still able to access my islands in their current state straight away then I'm happy to help where needs be.

Anyway, that's my take on things.

BenGallegos2000 likes this.