Upvotes and Downvotes

Discussion in 'Server improvement' started by Basilbac, Jan 20, 2016.

?

Upvotes and Downvotes?

1. 100.0%
  2. 0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Basilbac

Basilbac Skyblock King

What you want improved: I want upvotes and downvotes to be added to the forums
    Reason why: It would be great, would eliminate a lot of dumb and unnecessary messages that are against the rules but not enforced like 'no' or 'i agree' or stuff like that. It could be a great idea for the forums as oftentimes people don't make polls so it's much harder to actually see a complete public opinion what with people changing opinions every 2 seconds, faster than my diaper. (kudos if you've read this far)

@MLGProGamer123

2. wiipro123

wiipro123 Work hard in silence & let the success make noise.

I like this. *upvotes your comment*

3. MLGProGamer123

MLGProGamer123 Viva La Vida

I don't like you

*downvotes you and your mod app into oblivion*

You're basically the reason I thought upvotes and downvotes would be nice to have. To downvote posts like yours.

You did give me the idea though, so there's that.

It could help in arguments so that people have a clearer idea on who is right/wrong based on the public's opinion.

PukingRainbowz and Basilbac like this.
  4. wiipro123

wiipro123 Work hard in silence & let the success make noise.

GoodLuck with that ;)

5. Basilbac

Basilbac Skyblock King

6. God Slayer Playz

God Slayer Playz New Member

I love your idea Basil.

7. surgetheurge

surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

I actually hate the idea of down votes.
    Most people dumb, and downvote everything to hell that they do not agree with.
    It is most annoying making giant revolutionary posts that solve all problems on reddit and than have it be downvoted into hell.
    It seems the only thing that gets upvotes is like fun and clever posts, everything else is just downvoted super hard.

Fruity17D and Lostvayne like this.
  8. I'm gonna get a thousand million alts and downvote that comment

9. Lostvayne

Lostvayne I'll dance alone tonight Staff Member Mod

That would make it so much easier to take a side in an argument because they don't have to use common sense to actually try to counter what you said. It's better for disagreements to be disputed in words.

10. MLGProGamer123

Yes, but most of the people here are smart enough to read first, and then vote later. To counter the problem, a specific amount of time and/or messages could be required to use the upvote downvote feature.

11. Newb

Newb *inhales*...

He speaks!

But wouldn't that be a billion?

12. I don't do math u tell me

13. MLGProGamer123

Also, remember that likes basically have the same effect as votes.

Well, this isn't Reddit. This is a more specific community so oblivious people downvoting posts into oblivion would either be less common on the forums or the downvotes would be actual educated downvotes.

Basilbac likes this.
  14. surgetheurge

surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

I think we could do something like add rep, and then require 150 rep to "disagree" with people.

15. Lostvayne

Lostvayne I'll dance alone tonight Staff Member Mod

Or they could go all bandwagon like we have experienced in the past

16. Basilbac

Basilbac Skyblock King

How could 'rep' adequately be judged tho. Like what standards and stuff would apply, and how would it be added?

17. God Slayer Playz

God Slayer Playz New Member

I agree.