Advice on prison server

Discussion in 'General chat' started by surgetheurge, Mar 9, 2015.

  1. surgetheurge

    surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

    So I have a spare dedicated machine, theoretically prison can be up right now.
    It's not all there however. I want to ask some things from people that played prison before. Mainly people that have gotten to z or close to z.
    I want to know the proper amount of time it should take you to rank up between each ranks.
    So it has to be a few quick levels at first, so players will get hype with progress and get addicted. But then, the longer the players take to progress, the better it is for the server. However if it takes too long, then people will die of boredom and quit.
    So I am wondering the amount of time it should be between each rank, and what's the best solution.
    First option - add 5 minutes
    a -
    b 15 m
    c 20 m
    d 25 m
    e 30 m
    f 35 m
    g 40 m
    h 45 m
    i 50 m
    j 55 m
    k 1 hr
    l 1 hr 5 m
    m 1 hr 10 m
    n 1 hr 15 m
    o 1 hr 20 m
    p 1 hr 25 m
    q 1 hr 30 m
    r 1 hr 35 m
    s 1 hr 40 m
    t 1 hr 45 m
    u 1 hr 50 m
    v 1 hr 55 m
    w 2 hrs
    x 2 hrs 5 m
    y 2 hrs 10 m
    z 2 hrs 15 m
    Total time to get to z: 31 hrs 25 minutes
    So if you play like 5 hours a day, you can get to z in a week
    when I first added up 31 hours, I though that it is too much time. but then I remembered those days where I would spend like 8 hours playing a game. So to people like that, 31 hours is nothing.

    second option - flat
    lol basically make it so it takes an hour of effort for each rank up.
    so 26 hours to get to z

    third option - add 20%
    a -
    b 15 m
    c 18 m
    d 21 m
    e 25 m
    f 31 m
    g 37 m
    h 44 m
    i 53
    j 64
    k 77
    l 92
    m 111
    n 133
    o 160
    p 192
    q 231
    r 277
    s 332
    t 399
    u 479
    v 575
    w 690
    x 828
    y 993
    z 1,192

    hmmmm I don't think 20 hours is reasonable from y to z

    Maybe 10% would be better?
    a -
    b 15 m
    c 16 m
    d 18 m
    e 19 m
    f 21 m
    g 24
    h 26
    i 29
    j 32
    k 35
    l 38
    m 42
    n 47
    o 51
    p 56
    q 62
    r 68
    s 75
    t 83
    u 91
    v 100
    w 111
    x 122
    y 134
    z 147

    Well I guess it's better because 147 minutes, or 2 hours 27 minutes, is a lot better then 20 hours. I'm still not happy though. I think it should maybe take 5 to 10 hours to get to z


    But I do want to have like 20 titles that own their own mines after z, or free.
    So basically the following after free and will also have their own mines.

    Street Thug
    Associate
    Soldier
    Enforcer
    Hitman
    Capo
    Consigliere
    Underboss
    Boss


    I did rip these off mafiawars, but I would like to have a larger list with more meaningful titles.
     
  2. Caleb Morrison

    Caleb Morrison F3arxB3astly the Sweg Master

    Looks good surgey boy
     
    JamesM likes this.
  3. JamesM

    JamesM New IGN: iTzGuitarmadMC

    Can The Ranks Be: Miner $10 Worker $20 Prisoner $50 Sergeant $100 Commander $500

    What He Said.
     
  4. surgetheurge

    surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

    sigh those weren't donor ranks, those were just further ranks post prison i guess. lol still in prison doe. so kind of like y z aa ab ac ad
     
  5. JamesM

    JamesM New IGN: iTzGuitarmadMC

    But Can't We Have Those Ranks?
     
  6. EA_Sharks

    EA_Sharks New Member

    Yeah after letters should be another set a ranks. I think it should be 6 hours for y to z. That's 3 days of playing for two hours.

    P.S. Been waiting for prison for so long. Ecstatic that it's finally coming! :D
     
    Juuzou_x and JamesM like this.
  7. JamesM

    JamesM New IGN: iTzGuitarmadMC

    I know right (2,200 message here)
     
  8. Juuzou_x

    Juuzou_x iiDragonZz Staff Member Mod

    I am really looking forward to prison. I cant wait! :D
     
  9. Grey

    Grey Trying to educate ajain and broomstick a bit

    Can't wait for walls lol
     
  10. cdennis02

    cdennis02 Forums Addict/OmegaAso

    I play on prosons server that has 50 ranks also will it be op prisons?
     
  11. cdennis02

    cdennis02 Forums Addict/OmegaAso

    so maybe u could add ranks like
    These are after a-z

    1. Miner
    2. Thug
    3. Theif
    4. Avenger
    5. Hero
    6. Mayor
    7. President
    8. And Eye Of The Urge
     
    EA_Sharks likes this.
  12. AjainWazHere

    AjainWazHere Recovering CS:GO Addict

    So surge, this is going to be OP prison?
    I suggest the time from rank Y to rank Z should be at least 5 hours. If you are going to make the server like the other ones where once at rank Z you have access to the over world. OR! you could add a rank Free then from Z to Free that should take 10 hours at minimum!
     
    EA_Sharks likes this.
  13. cdennis02

    cdennis02 Forums Addict/OmegaAso

    Also it should have inventory dp and e tokens with crates

    Also the keys should be vote key do key and sqyad key which would be the rarest and would cost alot

    Also have plots and sign shop so oeople can make money without dealong with mining 24/7
     
  14. AjainWazHere

    AjainWazHere Recovering CS:GO Addict

    That's what prison is xD
     
  15. EA_Sharks

    EA_Sharks New Member

    The dp should be after a certain amount of votes to promote the server.
     
    Juuzou_x likes this.
  16. Lexilou11

    Lexilou11 New Member

    Heheheheheh.
     
  17. EA_Sharks

    EA_Sharks New Member

    Best advice I've heard in a while.
     
  18. Lexilou11

    Lexilou11 New Member

    10/10 advice indeed.
     
    EA_Sharks and Juuzou_x like this.
  19. cdennis02

    cdennis02 Forums Addict/OmegaAso

    yeah that would happen i know one server it does it every minute it is just crazy dp spam
     
  20. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    I would do this for the Mines

    A: Free
    A ---> B 1,000
    B ---> C 7,500
    C ---> D 20,000
    D ---> E 50,000
    E ---> F 100,000
    F ---> G 150,000
    G ---> H 200,000
    H ---> I 300,000
    I ---> J 400,000
    J ---> K 500,000
    K ---> L 750,000
    L ---> M 1,000,000
    and so on

    Then slowly make each mine more and more op

    For example

    Mine A: Mostly Stone, Coal and some iron ore
    Mine B: Mostly Coal, Iron Ore and some Diamond Ore
    Mine C: Mostly Iron Ore, Diamond Ore, some Coal Blocks
    Mine D: Mostly Coal Blocks, Iron Blocks, Diamond Ore

    See the pattern.

    And keep the following in mind.

    Don't give people /sell so someone in Z can't give someone in A a ton of $$$ to rank up quickly

    Have plot me in prison that way people can make their own chest shop!

    Anyways that's my advice.
     
  21. surgetheurge

    surgetheurge Urges of Surge Admin

    well the material doesn't actually matter, as most *advanced prison servers modify the cash you get from selling the item depending on the mine you are located in.
    Also I need help on deciding the duration of time between mines. The template you provided doesn't have a pattern, it just has set milestones. That's actually what I want to avoid.
     
  22. Marucha10

    Marucha10 USERNAME: Estebomb

    Some prison servers have actual staff ranks such as "Guard" , these would enforce the rules and keep the prisoners in line. (Not chat-mod)

    Will the prison server have ranks that players can apply for on the forums, such as that one?
     
  23. Hot3Shot3

    Hot3Shot3 ={Old Squad God}=

    a prison server...... sick!
    another squadcraft series for my channel xD
     
    Robbin likes this.
  24. Bolt_The_Man

    Bolt_The_Man Skywars Addict Staff Member Mod

    Prison :D I play prison quite a lot. so ill donate on it :D
     
  25. Marucha10

    Marucha10 USERNAME: Estebomb

    Your signature GIF makes me upset :c
     
  26. Grey

    Grey Trying to educate ajain and broomstick a bit

    Thief*
     
  27. Hot3Shot3

    Hot3Shot3 ={Old Squad God}=

    XD great movie xD
     

Share This Page