Thanks Guys

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Robbin, Apr 29, 2015.

  1. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    I think I got most of it, if anyone has anything to add please reply. :D

    I'm writing this poem in the point of view of someone in the middle of a war zone.

    Here's what I have

    This is my Time of Death​


    Many of who were close friends of mine.
    Were now bloody corpses scattered across the ground,
    The clamor of gunfire hummedin my ears
    For what can war bring but endless suffering?
    This is the place of death.

    I joined the army as an attempt to run away from life.
    However, life simply flashed before my eyes.
    There's no going back now.
    Stuck here in an infinite loop in the past.
    This is the place of death.

    I remember the day like it was just yesterday,
    Sitting on my front porch without a fear in the world,
    The days where I could walk down the street without a doubt it would be my last,
    Ah yes, those were the days.

    I would give anything to go back,
    To see my son one last time,
    To give him a hug and never let him go.
    Ah yes, those were the days.

    Instead, I'm stuck here.
    Reminiscing series of memories.
    Waiting for them to flash upon my dying eyes.
    Lifeless, hopeless, and alone,
    I feel alienated from the world,
    I'm simply a gun on the battlefield
    "No regrets, never." I said.
    But I have one.
    I never got the chance to say goodbye.
    This is my time of death.


    Does anyone have any ideas on what I can write about in the next paragraphs.
    ​
    @EA_Sharks @PukingRainbowz @TheScallywagFTW any ideas?
     
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  2. EA_Sharks

    EA_Sharks New Member

    I can't continue an unfinished poem because I cannot feel the emotion and direction you are. If I were to try, it would not correlate with the stanza you wrote.
     
    skarmick and Robbin like this.
  3. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    I found some inspiration in your comment, and I was able to finish the poem. I just put my emotions on paper amd this is what I got. I think you'll like it :D

    This is the place of death
    Bodies lay scattered on the ground.
    The noises of gunfire hurt my ears.
    For what can war bring but endless suffering?
    This is the place death.

    I remember the day like it was just yesterday.
    Sitting on my front porch without a fear in the world.
    The days where I could walk down the street without any fear it would be the last.
    Ah yes those where the days.

    I joined the war as an attempt to run away from life.
    However life simply flashed before my eyes.
    There's no going back now.
    Stuck Herr in an infinite loop in the past.

    I would give anything to go back.
    To see my son one last time.
    To give him a hug and never let him go.
    Oh yes that would be nice.


    Instead I'm stuck here.
    Making friends one day.
    Than watching them die the next.
    There has to be a better life than this.
    My only regret is not saying goodbye.
    This is the time of my death.

    That's just a ruff copy, so feel free to correct my grammar. :D​
     
    TheScallywagFTW likes this.
  4. EA_Sharks

    EA_Sharks New Member

    Bolded my changes and replaced some periods with commas.
     
    skarmick likes this.
  5. skarmick

    skarmick @GoOnSkar

    TAG ME ROBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    EA_Sharks and Robbin like this.
  6. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    Thank You :D
     
  7. GG10HeartedPvP

    GG10HeartedPvP Callum + Josh = Jallum <3

    I really liked reading that!I love writing & reading a lot!This inspired me to write a short passage about war!
     
    Robbin likes this.
  8. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    I'm glad you enjoyed that here's the full one

    Bodies lay scattered on the ground.
    The noises of gunfire hurt my ears.
    For what can war bring but endless suffering?
    This is the place of death.

    I remember the day like it was just yesterday.
    Sitting on my front porch, without a fear in the world.
    The days where I could walk down the street without any fear it would be my last.
    Ah yes, those were the days.

    I joined the army as an attempt to run away from life.
    However, life simply flashed before my eyes.
    There's no going back now.
    Stuck here in an infinite loop in the past.

    I would give anything to go back,
    To see my son one last time,
    To give him a hug and never let him go.
    Oh yes, that would be nice.


    Instead I'm stuck here.
    Making friends one day,
    Than watching them die the next.
    There has to be a better life than this.
    My only regret is not saying goodbye.
    This is the time of my death.​
     
  9. Maxxy

    Maxxy •Ex-Devil•

    It's not a paragraph, it's a stanza
     
    Robbin likes this.
  10. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    ik ik I have a habit of saying Paragraph instead :p
     
    skarmick likes this.
  11. Maxxy

    Maxxy •Ex-Devil•

    Well ya better get out of that habit before you get to college :3
     
    Robbin likes this.
  12. xSkaro

    xSkaro ey

    -I think you should be a bit more descriptive in your word choice to create an emotional connection with the reader
    (ex: The uproar of discharged bullets left me longing for a sound other than deafening silence)
    -It would be more engaging if you had a repetition or a specific line (ex: But now death laid before me)
    -The title This is My Time of Death sounds better, but it's your choice.

    Tried my best, your poem is great so far though.
     
    Robbin likes this.
  13. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    I agree there should be more repetition ill look more closely and see where I can do this
    I changed the title
    I also looked at my choice of words more carefully I think you'll like the changes I made


    This is my Time of Death

    Many of who were close friends of mine.
    Were now bloody corpses scattered across the ground,
    The clamor of gunfire humming my ears
    For what can war bring but endless suffering?
    This is the place of death.

    I joined the army as an attempt to run away from life.
    However, life simply flashed before my eyes.
    There's no going back now.
    Stuck here in an infinite loop in the past.
    This is the place of death.

    I remember the day like it was just yesterday,
    Sitting on my front porch without a fear in the world,
    The days where I could walk down the street without a doubt it would be my last,
    Ah yes, those were the days.

    I would give anything to go back,
    To see my son one last time,
    To give him a hug and never let him go.
    Ah yes, those were the days.

    Instead, I'm stuck here.
    Reminiscing series of memories.
    Waiting for them to flash upon my dying eyes.
    Lifeless, hopeless, and alone,
    I feel alienated from the world,
    I'm simply a gun on the battlefield
    "No regrets, never," I said.
    But I have one.
    I never got the chance to say goodbye.
    This is my time of death.









    ​
     
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  14. xSkaro

    xSkaro ey

    Decided to change stuff. Really tired right now. It's probably worse. But I suggest rereading your poem and correcting errors.
     
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Robbin likes this.
  15. GG10HeartedPvP

    GG10HeartedPvP Callum + Josh = Jallum <3

    I did some edits.
     
  16. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    Wow, it's amazing! Thanks for your suggestions
     
  17. GG10HeartedPvP

    GG10HeartedPvP Callum + Josh = Jallum <3

    I just realized we're doing your work for you XD I'm gonna tell your teacher Tommarow!
     
  18. xSkaro

    xSkaro ey

    We're like his peer editors. He already has his draft of the poem and is just asking for extra assistance to patch up errors and things that need improvement here and there.
     
  19. GG10HeartedPvP

    GG10HeartedPvP Callum + Josh = Jallum <3

    True, we all are "helping" him succeed :)
     
  20. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    Yeah what XSkaro said, You're peer editing it.

    If you ever need me to be a peer editor for any of your work let me know, ill do my best!
     
  21. GG10HeartedPvP

    GG10HeartedPvP Callum + Josh = Jallum <3

    Hmmm 16 year old editing a 13 year olds work...We will see about that XD thanks Robbin, if I ever need help I'll ask you. (Anyway we both have the same school district so it is fair right?)
     
  22. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    Yeah, same stuff so it's ok. :p
     
  23. TheScallywagFTW

    TheScallywagFTW Well-Known Member

    This is really good, and I will add soon! Great job Robbin!
     
    Robbin and EA_Sharks like this.
  24. CertifiedGrammarCop2

    CertifiedGrammarCop2 Forum Troll

    When I read this title, I thought you were going to departure.
     
    Robbin likes this.
  25. EA_Sharks

    EA_Sharks New Member

    You have no right to call yourself a grammar cop.
     
    PukingRainbowz likes this.
  26. Robbin

    Robbin PukingRainbowz's Cousin

    lol I would never leave <3
     

Share This Page